WELCOME TO THE GREEN ROOM.
BIG WAVE PERFORMER.
The beauty and allure of big wave riding is undeniable. Some of us will drop everything and drive hours in the hope of catching a really big day. And if you don’t live in Mauritius, Oahu, or Nazare, these days don’t come often enough. But when they do, you’d like to be prepared because you’ve experienced the washing machine and it's not fun.
We built the brand new Green Room for you, a big wave hunter. We know this may sound like an F-16 ad, but we can’t help it. This stick is fast. Like F-16 fast. Staying ahead of the wave is no big deal for the Green Room. It changes direction like it’s fitted with the latest “fly by wire” systems. And it feels so in control on every bottom turn due in part to the Pipeline, Supertubos, and Mavericks DNA we added. Hype [off].
What is the Green Room’s secret sauce? Glad you asked. Polyurethane foam and glass construction allow us to precisely fine tune the rails, foil, and rocker for exceptional speed and agility on steep wave faces. The board differs from our allrounder Ripper 3 in that it is noticeably narrower in width and lower in volume (-15%). It also features a rounded pin tail design that has less lift. These modifications contribute to its ability to grab hold of the wave for crazy control. A word of caution, though, this stick is not for everyone. It takes serious skill to ride this little gem. And so we named it for its ability to take exceptional riders to the holy grail of surfing - the green room.
Sizes: 5'10'' – 6'0''
- DESIGNED IN GERMANY, HANDCRAFTED IN PORTUGAL: The beauty and allure of big wave riding undeniable. Some of us will drop everything and drive hours in the hope of catching a really big day. And if you don’t live in Mauritius, Oahu, or Nazare, these days don’t come often enough. But when they do, you’d like to be prepared because you’ve experienced the washing machine and it's not fun.
- ACTIVE FOAM CORE: Closed cell PU or polyurethane foam blanks are custom board builder’s only choice. PU is water resistant and can be precisely shaped with CNC milling machines and sanders. Our blanks have superior flex memory and dimensional accuracy with our multi-step milling and sanding process. And together with its twin wood stringers, the Active Foam Core creates a better foil and rail shape for butter-smooth turns.
- CLASSIC GLASS COAT: Multi-layered, specialized fiberglass, and hi-tech resin form the top coat. Kelly Slater, Mick Fanning, and Carissa Moore still compete on glass boards. They prefer the softer riding, more flexible, glass boards over stiff and lifeless EPS. Trust glass for precisely tuned rails, original surf feel, and of course, good looks.
- ROUND PIN TAIL: Maximum traction and control. The Green Room’s round pin tail rides deeper and has a longer, straighter rail that improves control at speed. Pronounced tail kick promotes carving control and reduces pearling.
- BIG WAVE OUTLINE: With less volume and width, the Green Room is a handful to ride but the payoff is worth the effort. It tames big waves with confidence inspiring high speed (toeside) bottom turns, excellent acceleration, and grip on the wavefront.
- 3D HULL: The board features a light, single concave hull that transitions into a Vee towards the tail. It’s the perfect prescription for tight, controlled bottom turns on big, scary waves. And, of course, hugging the sidewall when entering the green room!
- TUCKED UNDER RAILS: The hand shaped rails feature a sharp, “tucked under” rail design that releases water better yet maintains the classic smooth and forgiving ride you’d expect from a glass board. The central 60/40 tucked under rail transitions seamlessly into a hard tail rail to provide greater maneuverability.
- STRAP-READY: The deck is fitted with stainless steel V4A inserts
- DOUBLE STRINGER: A laminated wood stringer is inlaid along the full length of the board to longitudinally manage flex and give the Green Room its classic feel. A second visible wood stringer is inlaid horizontally also along the length of the board to accept strap inserts. The stringer is then laminated to the fiberglass producing a very durable deck.
- BLUNT NOSE: We file it off because, in the long run, our trademark blunt nose is safer, more durable, and just plain cool. The Green Room fits in board bags better, travels better and, hopefully, won’t leave a mark.
- THRUSTER FIN SETUP: The Green Room features a classic three fin thruster setup for a looser feel. Thrusters are well known to turn tighter than quads and release easier for cleaner moves off the lip.
- ORIGINAL FCS II FIN SYSTEM: The Green Room is fitted with an FCS II fin box system. FCS II is the keyless fin system that enables 2-second fin changes without tools. It’s wise to stick with the global standard in fin boxes for the day you lose a fin on your favorite reef. Its backward compatibility (in that it still retains grub screws to secure any old FCS fin you or your friends may have), will have you back on the water in no time. Now that’s progress.
- ORIGINAL FCS II FINS: Bring your own or choose from three recommended FCS II thruster fin sets: The standard FCS II Carver Glass Flex (GF), the more advanced “Accelerator Neo Glass“ or the pro FCS II Accelerator PC Carbon Tri Set.
- CORE STRAPS: The Green Room is equally talented with or without straps. Naturally, there are days you might prefer straps. And for those days, we built the new CORE straps. Super comfortable, fully adjustable, stand-on-able, straps that come complete with stainless steel screws, anti-twist bases, and variable screw positions. These well-padded straps feature an easy-grab Velcro adjustment to fit any size foot. Yep, even a giant's.