Just about anything is possible on your new 2017 Core Fusion 3 Kiteboard, the Swiss Army® knife of kiteboards. New riders will kite longer than ever with the board’s session-extending deep V hull. Lucky freestylers in spots like Squamish’s hallowed Spit will find even more pop with the improved hull channels. And a few brave souls will harness the Fusion’s Cartan carbon fiber construction and Hood River’s legendary summer winds to challenge another WOO record. Regardless of your skill or adventure, the new Fusion 3 delivers next-level awesomeness.
Core kiteboards come with fins and a handle only. Footpads and Straps are sold separately.
Our latest Fusion leverages a decade’s worth of board building expertise from Carved Customs -Europe’s leading custom board manufacturer- and know-how from their latest masterpiece, the Imperator 6. The 3rd generation is measurably lighter and features a new multi-channel hull, progressive rails, a deeper rocker line, and slightly wider tips. Our engineers also invested considerable effort fine tuning the CNC milled Paulownia wood core, the backbone of the Fusion’s unmistakable, smooth riding, energetic feel. And no Fusion 3 is complete without our new and fabulous Union Pro 2 or Comfort pads and straps. Add a pair now before you forget!
Check out the new Fusion 3 at your authorized CORE retailer soon and let it take you on a metaphorical magic carpet ride.
Sizes: 133x39 – 135x40 – 137x41 – 139x41,5 – 141x42 – 144x43 – LW 147x44 – LW 152x46
- CARTAN® CARBON: Exclusive to CORE. Our proprietary 30° biaxial carbon fiber weave optimises torsion and longitudinal flex. 30° biaxial carbon fiber has more flex along the length the board and less flex toe-to-heel. Cartan also needs less resin to cure which saves considerable weight. This weave means bigger pop, way softer landings, and better durability.
- VARIO RAILS: Variable rail thickness is new for the Fusion 3. It's 9mm thick rails near the middle of the board reduce to 3mm on the tips. Now imagine the kinetic energy you will generate with those tips!
- ROCKER: The Fusion 3’s new rocker is more pronounced under your feet and progressively reduces towards the tips. This know-how borrows from the Imperator 6 - Carved Custom’s latest masterpiece.
- 3D WOOD CORE: Powerfully light, marine grade, wood core. The laminated, long-grained Paulownia wood core gives our boards dimensional stability, decay resistance, and a lightweight yet distinctively powerful character.
To further optimize flex on the Fusion 3, we extend the Paulownia further towards the board edges and CNC mill both top and bottom. The larger wood core reduces board weight and improves flex memory.
- DIAMOND 3D-SHAPE: Diamond shaped perfection. Take a close look at the Fusion’s surface contours. Near the footpads, the wood core is milled in the shape of a diamond. This shape directs torsional forces to the edges where you want them for a perfect balance between flex and rigidity.
- V-SHAPE KEEL: Inspired by the legendary handling of deep V power boats in rough waters, we added an even deeper V-shaped keel along the entire length of the board to penetrate chop and smooth your ride. The noticeably deeper V rides even smoother and delivers pillow-soft landings.
- MULTI-CHANNELS: The channels worked so well on the Fusion 2 we added a center and edge channels to the new board. The center channel follows the length of the board and provides extra depth for the V-Keel. In addition to the center channel, we added two ¾ length outer channels that further improve edging. Freestylers can load their edges more than ever. And freeriders will notice how well the Fusion 3 tracks upwind.
- DOUBLE CONCAVE: Always in control. The double concave V hull increases hydrodynamic grip at any board angle to rip tighter, butter-smooth turns. Effortless, slashy turns
- G10 CUTBACK FINS (48MM): A perfect balance between tracking and freestylin’ magic. The impact resistant, G10 fiberglass fins have just the right amount of tracking stability without getting too much in the way of switches.