The OS is advancing the boundaries of light wind performance, allowing riders to take-off in the slightest breeze. It is the one tool all foil riders need for their quiver.
Riding light wind with the OS is pure happiness. Even more so with Version 2 of our dedicated foil and freeride kite, as every inch of material delivers outstanding performance, no matter how thin the breeze. Launch this feather-light kite in well below 10 knots and discover a whole new world of kiteboarding. The Open-C design comes with outstanding agility, a massive sweet spot, and direct control. Though it is remarkably dynamic, the kite is easy to tame as the steering is well-defined and precise. The power deployment is astonishingly smooth, which comes in handy when looping the kite during transitions while switching the stance. The fluid movements in the sky naturally transfer to the rider below.
Following the feedback of kiteboarders all over the world, we made some upgrades to the OS. We started by decreasing the aspect ratio while adding more sweep to the wingtips. These adjustments highly improved stability, especially in stronger winds and gusts. Testing the latest performance-materials, we replaced the regular XT fabric with the innovative Extreme Light High-Tenacity fabric (XT LIGHT), a brand new material that is lighter yet stronger. We also used this material in our completely reworked trailing edge, which we equipped with anti-vibration patches, effectively reducing flutter. Making those modifications, we were able to develop a much sturdier kite that is even lighter than before. Hence it is more agile and covers a wider wind range. Add the OS to your quiver and take off in any breeze.
The OS is our dedicated foil and freeride kite, every inch of material delivers outstanding performance, no matter how thin the breeze. The Open-C design launches in wind well below 10 knots. It is remarkably fast, has a massive sweet spot, and is very direct and precise to steer. The power deployment is very smooth, ideal for foiling. For V2 we decreased the aspect ratio while adding more sweep to the wingtips.These adjustments improve stability, especially in stronger winds and gusts. We upgraded the Dacron to the innovative XT material, which is lighter yet stronger. The reworked trailing edge is now equipped with anti-vibration patches, effectively reducing flutter. Making those modifications, we were able to develop a much sturdier kite that is lighter and more agile than ever before.
- One strut mid-swept hybrid design for foiling and freeriding.
- Highly responsive performance kite with dynamic turning speed
- Optimized aspect ratio for superior light wind performance
- Backstall-proof design and automatic relaunch characteristics
- Feather-light design with ultra-durable quality materials.
- Style: Foil Lightwind
- Version: V2
- Sizes: 06 / 08 / 10 / 12 / 14
- Colour Codes: Blue (515) / Grey (512)
- Decreased aspect ratio with an added sweep for improved high-end stability
- New innovative XT Light Dacron with outstanding weight characteristics
- Redesigned scuff guards with adjusted placement for added protection
- Reworked trailing edge with anti-vibration patches for longevity and weight reduction
Building a lightweight yet durable construction is a tough challenge, a challenge we met by combining high-tech materials with innovative development techniques.