SENSOR 2S PRO
LIGHT. DIRECT. SAFE.
Your session’s awesomeness depends heavily on your gear. We believe the Sensor 2 control bar system contributes much more than you would think to kite performance. And it’s what you don’t see that makes our bars so unbelievably good. The functional know-how we hide inside and the minimalist design on the outside gives our bars the signature CORE confidence you expect. And the safety features you rely on.
The Sensor 2 bar is now joined by the new Sensor 2S and Sensor 2S Pro. Two new bars with more tech wizardry that you can’t even see at first glance. Regardless of your bar selection, The CORE Sensor 2 bar system will provide you with the lightest, safest, and most direct feeling bar on the market. Because we sell more than just cool bars. We sell confidence.
Meet the new Sensor 2S Pro bar. The only, titanium trussed, carbon fiber control bar. A bar that exhausts superlatives. A bar we are very proud of. We leveraged our experience in carbon fiber board building to build a 100% carbon fiber, thin grip, unibody bar reinforced with a titanium alloy truss. Although it shares many of the same features as our sensational Sensor 2S bar, it is profoundly different in that it features a full carbon fiber bar and 100% Tectanium lines, top to bottom. Go Sensor 2S Pro.
- CARBON FIBER BAR: Yes, even lighter than our Unibody bar. Our carbon fiber bar reduces the already low weight to an unimaginable 200g. With the same breaking strength, the titanium reinforced, carbon bar is even stiffer than the Sensor 2S bar. Its low mass and low bar-end height reduces inertia and optimizes leverage. For perfect balance, control and response.
- FULL TECTANIUM® LINES: Exclusively developed for CORE by Liros, the market leader in specialized aeronautical and sail cordage. The virtually tangle-free, no stretch, Tectanium center and steering lines are 400% more resistant to elongation and feature an unbelievable 50% greater breaking strength. To cap things off, the lines are 10% thinner and, therefore, more aerodynamic.
- CERAMIC UNTWIST: Functional simplicity. Untwisting your front lines has never been easier. Front line twists only occur below the Sensor 2S bar. An improved, below the bar, swivel with hi-tech ceramic bearings unravels the front lines virtually on its own or whenever the bar is pulled in. The days of manually spinning the front line swivel are over. Welcome to the Sensor 2S Pro era of super auto untwist!
- S-NECK: Perfect balance. The stainless steel connection between the Rotor QR and the depower lines is shaped to provide more symmetric pulling forces on the lines. S-Neck: Smoother auto untwist. Zero unwanted leverage. Perfectly symmetric pulling forces. Now that’s smart.
- TECTANIUM® S-SLIDE / DEPOWER LINES: The Sensor 2S Pro replaces the front lines from the “Y” to the chicken loop with our exclusive, no stretch, Tectanium. And we protect it with a 5.2mm, UV-stabilized, Polyether where it passes through the bar. Techno speak for a really durable, self-lubricating, no pinch, depower line. The new, virtually frictionless, depower/safety lines are more aerodynamic, provide better feedback, and are more comfortable between the fingers. Just wait till you try it. You’ll see.
- TECTANIUM® VARIO LINES: Tectanium Vario lines come standard. With the base 18m lines and 2 extensions, you can fly your Sensor 2S Pro bar with 18, 20, 22, or 24m line lengths. Liros’ innovative emulsion (protective coating) process shields your Tectanium lines against abrasion, dirt and UV radiation better than ever. Trust Tectanium.
- TITANIUM CORE: Leave it to CORE to design the strongest bar ever. We engineered an internal, aircraft quality, grade 5 titanium alloy truss to reinforce the bar. The titanium’s featherweight rigidity gives, in part, the Sensor 2S Pro’s direct feel. And it permits a reduced diameter, no cramp, grip.
- ROTOR QUICKRELEASE: The only 2-way quick release you do not have to think about. Releasing the kite is as simple as turning the mechanism in either direction for a simple, safe and intuitive process. It’s well known that more torque can be generated twisting than pushing or pulling. Unlike conventional systems, our quick release does not require you to overcome the flow of water. The Rotor sets the standard for ease of use, safety, and performance.
- CORE LOOP/STICK SET: You will even find CORE engineering at work here too. We designed the loop stick to move out of the way when unhooking so hooking back in is easier. This design also prevents unintentional unhooking too. Nice touch? We think so.
- SENSOR ADJUSTER: Easy, one line, trim adjustment for those who prefer simplicity. Our clam cleat design reduces pulling effort by 25% which is noticeable in powered conditions. Still not comfortable? Then follow our step by step instructions to lower the cleat for a shorter reach.