You want performance when it comes to the mountains? A glider that pulls you over the steepest slopes with enough power in the loop and is stable in front of you on the descent?
That’s exactly what we did when we developed the Montana. Especially in the mountains, people often move in border areas. Performance without end, which remains extremely controllable as well as high flight stability and depower performance were the Montana’s top priorities in the development plan.
Stable, direct, quick and easy – just awesome – made for you freeriders and freestylers to rock right. You want to feel the punch when you work with the bar, the umbrella catapults you upwards and after a long time you feel like you’re standing down again? We have combined all these qualities in the Montana and built a snowkite for you, which brings everything to make every session a perfect experience.
Fast, direct and powerful – these are the characteristics of Montana. The Montana impresses with a powerful lift that is always available. The slightly increased number of chambers has further enhanced the slope time characteristics of the current Montana generation. The Montana is a particularly well-balanced kite that meets the expectations of ambitious riders in every conceivable situation.
The new Montana shape offers the perfect balance between stability and performance. The air intake openings are designed in such a way that optimum airflow of the profile is ensured in all flight positions and the internal pressure is kept as high as possible. The wide wingtips are designed for a good power transmission and help to accelerate the kite..
The use of high-quality materials guarantees a virtually maintenance-free scale. For this purpose, we have been using paragliders from the paragliding segment for years and work with a mixture of pre-stretched Dyneema lines. The line thicknesses and diameters are precisely matched to each other in order to minimize drag. Extremely durable Rostan pulleys are used on the mixer system.
Our proven 30D cloth is used, which combines low weight with high robustness. This guarantees a long service life of the Montana. In order to avoid any possible crashes, we have equipped the profile walls with a slightly thicker cloth. Loops and high altitude flights in particular are subject to a tremendous increase in stress on the material used. Dacron amplifications on the balance mountings provide sufficient reserves to withstand even the strongest accelerations.
- Extended number of chambers for more performance
- Extremely stable in flight
- Smooth Power Delivery in the loop
- light wind optimized
- high-end sailcloth and scale material
- HQ4 backpack/ Compression Bag
- Depower Kite Guide
- Bar and Lines NOTincluded
- Span- 805cm
- Height- 173cm
- Sail- Ripstop Nylon 20D + 30D
- Wind- 6-20 Knots
- Age- 16+
- Rec. Bar- Control Bar One 55cm
- Color- Light Blue
- AR- 5.40
- Weight- xxx kg
Our new „ONE" Bar is the universal tool for your kite. Besides our tube kites, it can be used with any of our Depower kites in the HQ Powerkites range. Features like a Single-Front-Line Safety, easy depower adjustments and a self-untwisting ceramic swivel are only some of the innovations of the new „ONE" Bar that we adapted to customer's needs. Our new bar system clearly exemplifies our focus on progressive design elements, precisely optimized handling and detailed attention to quality and safety.
The contoured ergonomic EVA grip offers long lasting comfort and excellent hold in every situation. The bar ends come with an integrated floater so that in connection with the coated backlines you won't get stuck during the water start. The stopper ball helps to relaunch the kite. A high quality clam cleat for ease of use and infinite adjustment within its range offers a perfect adaption to the rider and the wind conditions. Thanks to the front line safety the kite will release all its power, and gently drift with the leading edge facing down until it smoothly lands on the water or land. The kite will stay in this position until you are ready to restart it. The „ONE" Bar is available in 49 cm and 55 cm and comes with 24 m long stretched dyneema lines.
1. Soft Barends with integrated Line Keepers for more comfort and secured lines when winded up.
2. Covered Backlines To protect the lines from damage and avoid tangles after hard crashes.
3. Adjustable Relaunch Balls For easy and safe relaunch.
4. Self-untwisting Centerline Swivel the rust-free, super light self-untwisting Swivel keeps the centerlines untwisted while doing rotations or kiteloops.
5. Adjustable Bar Stopper To adjust the depowerway to the armlength.
6. Adjustable Clam cleat to adjust the depowerway to the size of the rider and the wind conditions.
7. Quick release Simple and intuitive release combined with easy reassembly offers a maximum of safety.
8. Dyneema Lines High quality pre-stretched Dyneema lines with almost no elongation for a super direct feel. Sleeved and stitched ends with a maximum load of 300 kg.