Kiteboarding Instructor Position For Hire. Make Kiteboarding Your Job!
Kiteboarding Instructor Positions Available
Kite Instructors Wanted
Session Sports, located in the beautiful and historic Charleston, South Carolina, is hiring for a full-time kiteboarding instructor position for the 2019 season. The peak season in Charleston, SC is from April to September. We are looking for serious applicants, motivated, outgoing, extremely patient with students and with good adaptation skills and experience in teaching.
Our mission is to provide the safest, progressive, and enjoyable kiteboarding lessons in Charleston. We utilize jet skis and radio helmets for our water lessons and also provide the latest gear for lessons and for instructors to enjoy.
Safety conscious, motivated individuals with the necessary skills to ensure students a memorable, fun, and exciting kiteboarding experience is a must for our instructors. Instructors who are motivated, have a great work ethic, are self-reliant, self-motivated, and are searching for a position which provides an incredible amount of value, would be the perfect addition to our Session Sports team! Come and be a part of the Session sports Crew to take your skills to the next level! Please see below requests and requirements.
- Must be a proficient kiter.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable with a great work ethic.
- Passionate about teaching others.
- Must be stoked.
- Ready to work outdoors in challenging weather conditions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extremely patient and accommodating.
- Is 18 years or older.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Valid first aid certificate. (Can be acquired during hiring process)
- Previous kiteboarding instruction and/or retail experience is ideal, although we will hire and train new instructors.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Lifeguard certified (preferred but not required)
- IKO Certified (preferred but not required)
- PASA Certified (preferred but not required)
- Boater safety course certificate (Can be acquired during hiring process)
What You Can Expect:
- An honest, ethical work environment.
- A significant amount of compensation as an instructor.
- Compensation is based on experience.
- Access to Jetskis on and off the clock.
- Use of two-way Communication helmets.
- Free accommodation.
- Excellent conditions for teaching.
- Flat, warm water, during the peak season.
- An amazing playground for surfing, kiting and fishing.
- A friendly working environment with like-minded colleagues.
- Significant advancement opportunities.
- To be treated with respect and appreciation.
- Up to $75/hr for lessons.
- Commission on all sales and lesson bookings.
- Shop hours available for those who qualify.
- Use of the latest and greatest kiteboarding equipment at your leisure.
- Two locations for year-round teaching potential.