Skywatch Wind Warning System Kit 2
The Skywatch Wind Warning System (WWS) was developed for protecting people and property that may be subject to strong winds such as scaffoldings, cranes, schools, sports arenas, campings sites, mobile homes, marinas, airfields, ski lifts, sports competitions, and more. The WWS consists of 2 parts:
- A display unit that shows the wind speed with 4 programmable warning thresholds (2 min and 2 max).
- A multidirectional turbine (wind sensor) enabling measurement of the wind in the horizontal plane and in the vertical as well (turbulence behind objects). The turbine sends its signal magnetically to a transducer located at the end of the cable connected to the display.
There are three avaiable kits for the WWS and all kits contain the display unit, 15m cable, propeller with wind sensor, and wind sensor mounting bracket. Four values can trigger an alarm. These values can be set to trigger on the rising edge as well as falling edge and the alarm duration is also configurable for every alarm.
- Kit 1: only has the visual and acoustic alarms.
- Kit 2: has an external alarm interface with 4 relays that can be assigned to the different alarms.
- Kit 3: has an external alarm interface with 4 relays that can be assigned to the different alarms, a waterproof case for the display unit, and an external power supply.
The Skywatch WWS operates from two AA batteries (sufficient for over 2 years without replacement) and equally well from an external supply of 6 to 30 VDC (cigar lighter socket, mains power etc.). When an AC-DC adapter is connected, the batteries are disconnected. If the power fails, the batteries automatically take over.
Kit 2 and 3 have four relay outputs and the inactive state of each relay can be selected fromno(normally open) andnc(normally closed). The user assigns the relay output for every alarm.
- WWS-Kit 1
- WWS-Kit 2
- WWS-Kit 3
- Display, 15m cable, propeller with wind sensor and mounting bracket
- Display with external alarm interface, 15m cable, propeller with wind sensor and mounting bracket
- Display with external alarm interface in a waterproof case, 15m cable, propeller with wind sensor and mounting bracket, external power supply
- Measuring cycle
- Measuring range
- km/h, mph, m/s, fps and knots
- 0.1 unit
- each second
- ± 3 % if horizontally (Windsens3D)
- from 5 to 150 km/h
- 2 min, 2 max