The Chrono V3 is also available in an Ultra Light version. This is the same design produced with high quality lightweight materials to reduce weight and packing volume to a minimum.
The Ultra Light offers true performance increases and enhanced flying characteristics. It inflates quicker, launches in lighter winds, flies faster, stays in the air longer in gusty conditions, and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
The technical backpack is the same design as the standard version using lighter materials.
The Ultra Light kites will be produced on request only, please contact your local dealer/distributor and order early to plan for production and delivery time.
Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction
World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
High Performance Ultra Light Materials
High quality Ultra Light material reduces weight and packing volume to a minimum. The weight saving also drastically improves flying characteristics - the kite will launch in lighter winds, turn quicker and stay in the air longer in gusty conditions. As it is about 25% lighter than our standard kites it is also less resistant to harsh abuse. It needs an experienced pilot who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
Optimized Leading Edge Air Intakes
Precisely positioned intake valves along the Leading Edge lead to a stability increase at all angles of attack. The inflation is easy and safe as the kite rapidly inflates.
Internal Diagonals and Straps
Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance, while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
Double pulley Speed System
Using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys to reduce wear and rider fatigue while improve feeling and performance of the kite.
Waterproof deflation zipper
Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
Designed With OZ-CAD
The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
Performance Double Surface
The Chrono V3 has a lightweight double surface design that is mid-high aspect ratio and combines 38 to 44 cells depending on the size selection. The high number of cells means the ribs are positioned closer together, producing an ultra smooth surface. This corresponds to reduced drag and a clean profile, resulting in superior flight efficiency.
L.E Profile Reinforcements
The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
Sheathed Bridle Lines
High quality, low stretch sheathed Dyneema bridle lines for maximum strength and performance. This is the same bridle line we have used on our Snowkite range for the past 10 years.
Water Drainage Channels
An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- The Chrono V3 Ultra Light is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. The materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past five years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
- Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or - 15mm) they must be replaced.